Tuesday, October 8, 2013

National Holiday Week

Hello

I'm late again, aren't I? This time, I'm going to use the excuse that I just came out of a week long vacation, and because we didn't have classes on Monday, I didn't think to post another entry here. Of course, we all know that that is just another way of saying "I completely forgot." :P And so, without any further ado, here is a blog entry detailing what happened during the past week.

First of all, as I mentioned, we just finished a week long vacation, lasting from October 1st-7th.  This vacation is observed because of China's National Day celebration, which is very much like July 4th for us in America.  As far as I know, there is no school at all during this week in the entire country.  This provided a very nice break, especially since it came at roughly the half way point of our stay in China.  With no classes, homework, or other things like that, it gave me a chance to do what I wanted for a week.

Unfortunately, I didn't really do much. :P With one of our group feeling sick, and a couple parties being thrown on fourth floor of our dorm, there was really not enough time to go out and do things.  The parties were fun, although I would have to compare them to a typical high school dance in America.  They gave a great chance for us to talk with a bunch of different foreigners, and I met a few more people that I will talk to on a more regular basis now.

Other than those, the week was just a nice chance to relax.  We went out for dinner with our UNK professor chaperon, which was a traditional, home cooked Indian meal.  We did visit a Walmart, which was the first one we have seen since arriving in China, and we found yet another mall to visit.  All in all, it wasn't a bad week. It just wasn't a week that led to a very long blog entry. :/ This coming weekend, the 11th-13th, we have another trip to the cemetery, birthplace, and temple of Confucius, which should be very interesting.  I will have more to say, and more pictures to post, the Monday following that trip.  And yes, I will do my absolute best to get back to posting on Mondays, like I promised before. :P Thanks again for reading this, to anyone that does.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment