Monday, September 30, 2013

I'm Late! D:

Hello everyone,

Sorry! I meant to post yesterday, but between my three classes, lunch, dinner, studying and other various things, I didn't get a post up. :(  This week hasn't really been too eventful either, which didn't help with my motivation to get a post up.  Compared to a trip to Beijing, sitting in a dorm room really doesn't have much to offer. However, there were a few things that deserve mentioning from this week, so that's what I'll do now.

The first event that warrants mentioning is the fact that I've been asked to sing a song at a "rock" concert being held here on campus. I put rock in quotations because the song they've asked me to sing isn't what I would consider rock. But hey, I get to sing, and its a song I like, so I'll take it. The song is Under the Bridge by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, if anyone is interested. And not only that, but playing guitar for me is a guy from our dorm that's from Hungary. And his name happens to be Adam as well.  Which I find, for some reason, incredibly cool. :P This event has been postponed until sometime in late October, but I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when it happens.

The second thing worth mentioning in a short paragraph is that this was our last week before a seven day break from classes! From the 1st to the 7th, China celebrates National Day, which is like our Fourth of July. Except they get a whole week where there is no school in the entire country.  Currently, I don't have any plans for the long break other than getting some college stuff set up for next semester. But I'll keep you all posted if anything does happen.

The last things I wanted to mention in this post is that I received a very nice care package from home.  Not only did it come with things like food, playing cards, and an American chess board, but it also came with a collection of cards from some of the ladies I worked with over the past two summers.  I've only opened a few of them, but they have all been very nice so far, and I am really grateful to have these connections to home. And so, I want to say thank you to all the ladies at Bank Iowa that send me cards in that package. I hope you are all having a good time back in the states. :)

That's really all the highlights for this week. Otherwise, its been a lot of classes, a lot of studying, and a little bit of walking around campus to find food and such. :P I will do my absolute best to post again next Monday and get back on track with my schedule.  I'll let you all know how the long break was, even if I don't end up doing anything but staying at the dorm. There's bound to be something that happens for me to talk about. I hope... :P Thanks again for reading this.

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment