Saturday, August 17, 2013

An Introduction

Hello!

My name is Adam Stauffer, and I am just getting ready to embark on my first solo international trip.  I am very excited to have the chance to travel to China and experience a culture from halfway around the world.  I have yet to experience a trip out of the United States, and through the University of Nebraska at Kearney Study Abroad program, I will get that chance while still paying Kearney tuition and fees. This means that all of my scholarships and grants still apply to the costs of studying in a foreign country.

I can't wait to begin my journey, and keep all of you readers updated on everything I am doing.  But before I forget, I want to introduce myself as well.  As I said, my name is Adam. I am going into my Junior year of college with this trip, with a major in Organizational Communications, emphasizing in both Marketing and Literature.  I hope to work either in the marketing division of the ATP, or in the sales department of a publishing house.  I believe this trip will help me with both.  Not only will I be taking classes and learning a new culture, but it will also teach me important lessons about taking chances and working to make my goals and dreams into reality.

I truly hope this experience is a good one, and I will do my best to keep you updated as often as I can. I will post at least once a week for sure, but I would have to guess that it will be even more frequently than that.  Thanks for reading to anyone who does, and I hope you enjoy hearing about the trip as much as I will enjoy going on it. :)

Adam

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your trip I will be watching you Adam, if you wanna watch me you can also check my blow www.toxigon.com, this is not spam btw lol I am trying to find nice stories to follow ;) just an advice TAKE LOT OF PICS and please make one pic on some crowdy Chinese street where u are holding a paper that says "I have been tagged by Toxigon.com". I will make sure to post it on my website and make your story popular. lucky bastard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four movies and a nap. So you didn't get a picture of Alaska and Russia. Or did you? Great read. Glad you are enjoying your time there already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't. Unfortunately, we flew through perpetual night time. So I couldn't even tell the difference between land and water, let alone when I was over certain places. :/

      Delete